Working knowledge of programming languages including C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Ptython, Java, C/C++, T-SQL, XML
Hands on experience working in integrated development environments including: SVN, Microsoft Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server
Extensive experience with Windows SQL Server database.
Location: Dayton, OH, or Buffalo, New York
The application developer’s role is to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. The software developer will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required. This role will work closely with SAQ and team members to understand business and functional requirements that drive technical design and quality solutions. Responsibilities may also include mentoring Jr. Developers as needed and working with Sr. developers on component and architecture design. Must have experience in systems analysis, design and a solid understanding of development, quality assurance and integration methodologies.
Strategy & Planning:
- Assist other developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications.
- Plan phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.
- Research and document requirements of software users.
Acquisition & Deployment:
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to functional/technical specifications that meet business requirements.
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Generate statistics and prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Assist in software deployment as required based on build specification.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior software developers and research assistants.
- Perform any other job related instructions as required with reasonable accommodation.
- BS degree in the field of computer science or software engineering, and/or 4-6 years equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of technical experience in a team environment as a programmer
Specialty Experience: Application Development
- 5+ years of advanced OOP principles and design experience
- Experience developing and designing n-tier applications with multi-tier architectures.
- Strong relational database experience including tuning, stored procedure development and use of reporting services in a Microsoft environment.
- Facets Extension development a strong plus or experience developing applications in the healthcare sector.
- UML Modeling experience
- XML,XSLT, Schema coding experience and translation abilities
- Web Service development experience
- Application development in a healthcare or payer related field a strong plus.
- Certifications in Microsoft Training or comparable certifications for Java or other OOP languages (MCSD, etc.)
- Working technical knowledge of programming languages, including C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Python, Java, C/C++, T-SQL, XML, schemas, and DTD’s
- Hands on experience working in integrated development environments, including , including SVN, Microsoft Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server
- Extensive experience with Windows operating systems.
- Extensive experience with Windows SQL Server database.
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Experience with specific phases of the software development life cycle, especially Agile, Test Driven Development, and Waterfall
- Familiarity with TDD and Iterative software development methodologies.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Familiarity with the health industry
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Highly logical.
- Technically proficient.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to travel to other business locations for off-site software installation
- Ability to work additional hours to meet project deadlines